Distance from Hoi An to Marble Mountain is around 20 km, it takes 30 mins driving by car and on the outskirts of Da Nang city around 8 km, stands in a cluster of 5 marble and limestone hills. There are 5 mountains are named metal, water, wood, fire and earth. The main mountain, Thuy Son – Water Mount, is home to several Buddhist cave. It has large Pagoda called Tam Thai, built in 1825.
If you travel in Da Nang, don’t miss visit Hoi An and visit this place and keep reading: How to transfer between Da nang and Hoi An
If you’re looking for a good place to visit from Hoi An or Da Nang, Marble Mountain is the great site to visit for your group. the entrance ticket for this place is 40.000 vnd for climbing 156 steps to top of the mountain or easier, you can buy ticket for elevator 15.000 vnd/ way.
I hate the elevator in here because it to modern with this place – puzzling modern designed elevator running up the side. At the top you are rewarded with great view of the coastline of Danang City, and the opportunity to purchase and light incense sticks to place in the Buddhist sanctuaries.
Marble Mountain has many small hidden treasures, much more than the outside suggests. From small shrines and intimate caves, to grand ancient halls where the sunshine beams through small crevices. The caves stay at a comfortable 19-220 C , so stay there, we can break from the summer.
Around Marble Mountain is known for its stone making village. The statues is carved by craftsman with rudimentary tools. It has many souvenir shop here and you can drop in to see and buy small things such as: chicken, elephant, dog statue….
How to get there?
- Hoi An private car transfer 14 USD/ sedan, 17 USD/ minivan/ way
- Motorbike or Bicycle – you can rent at your hotel or local travel agent. Around 60 – 120.000 vnd/ day
- Bus line: Hoi An – Danang: Hoi An Bus Station – Le Van Hien str – Ngu Hanh Son str (stop here and visit Marble Mountain) – Bach Dang str – Phan Dinh Phung str – Yen Bai str – Le Duan str – Dien Bien Phu str – Ton Duc Thang str – Da Nang bus station.
Price: 30.000 vnd ~ 1.5 USD
- Da nang private car transfer 14 USD/ sedan, 17 USD/ minivan.
- Bus – The Da Nang – Hoi An (yellow bus) bus stops right near the mountain. It cost around 30.000 vnd ~ 1.5 USD
- Motorbike or Bicycle – you can rent at your hotel or local travel agent. Around 50 – 100.000 vnd/ day