How is the distance from Danang to Hoi An? How to get to Hoi An from Danang and what type of vehicle? How long does it take?
A tour in our country won’t be that culturally if a visit to Hoi An ancient town is missed. Exploring Hoi An is like exploring the old Viet Nam. You can arrange airport transfers first before leaving Da Nang Airport for Hoi An so that hassles from the airport taxis and other transportation services are prevented. The article “4 ways to transfer from Danang to Hoi An” will help you answer these questions. Huracars team do hope that you will choose the best way for yourself to go to Hoi An ancient town from DaNang or Hoi An to Da Nang.
Danang to Hoi An route: The distance from DaNang to Hoi An is 30 km, on the south of Danang city. It takes us 30 – 45 mins to transfer between Hoi An and Danang city.
How to go Hoi An from Da Nang? Nowadays, there are 4 ways to transfer Danang – Hoi An by private car, taxi, bus, by motorbike. And what is the best way, you can compare 4 way as below:
1.Transfer Danang to Hoi An by yellow bus
Bus in Danang, the local people call “xe buyt” or “Xe Đò”, you can ask the local “Xe đò đi Hội An/ Da Nang ở đâu?” It means “where to catch a bus to Hoi An/ Da Nang?” They will guide you to the bus stop. Bus transfer between Da Nang and Hoi An cost 30.000 VND ~ 1.5 USD (rate: 1 USD = 22.500 in 2017). Time transfer is about 70 – 80 mins/ way
- Route Danang to Hoi An: Da Nang central bus station – Ton Duc Thang – Dien Bien Phu – Le Duan – Tran Phu – Trung Nu Vuong – Duy Tan – Nguyen Van Troi Bridge – Ngu Hanh Son (Near Marble Mountain) – Le Van Hien – Hoi An Bus Station.
- Route Hoi An to Danang: Hoi An Bus Station – Le Van Hien – Ngu Hanh Son (near Marble Mountain) – Bach Dang – Phan Dinh Phung – Yen Bai – Le Duan – Dien Bien Phu – Ton Duc Thang – Da Nang bus station.
The first bus is departed from Danang at 5h30 am, and the last one is 18h00. Average 45 mins have a bus depart. You can drop in Ngu Hanh Son street and visit Marble mountain for 1 – 2 hours then catch other buses from Marble mountain to Hoi An.
2. Transfer Danang to Hoi An by motorbike
Motorbike is the most popular choice for young people when traveling in Da Nang. You also rent a scooter to go to Hoi An and explore all tourist sites en route such as My Khe Beach, Marble Mountain, Silk village, Tra Que village. If you don’t know the route, you also move on the same road with the yellow bus.
You can choose 2 options for this way:
- If you are an experienced biker and have an international license who travels by motorbike, you consider rent a scooter and ride by yourself, you can book online or book with the local travel agent. It’s cost around 100.000 vnd/ Scooter, 120.000 vnd/ manual motorbike. If you drive long-distance or wanna explore the Ho Chi Minh trail, you must rent a tour leader, so he can help you to find good places to relax, find the gas station, good road to drive, furthermore, he will help when you have an accident en route.
- If you can’t ride, you can choose “xe ôm”, it’s mean when you sit behind the rider, you have to hug the rider to safe. 🙂 “Xe” in Vietnamese means vehicle, here is a motorbike, “Ôm” means hug. If you chose this way to transfer between Da Nang and Hoi An, you have to pay 150.000 – 200.000 vnd. Almost all of Xe Ôm services, can not speak English or a little bit, you must deal with them before going somewhere. We also suggest book with a travel agent and request travel insurance, a good helmet for the worst case that can happen – the accident.
Moving by motorbike is a good idea on sunny. In Vietnam, it’s rain season from Oct to Dec, so we recommend choosing a transfer by car or bus to keep safe and keep dry.
Motorcycling is the best way to explore Viet Nam, but we certainly do not want to bad end, where the bodies of drunken boys and the wrecks of their scooter clog the roads. You must have an International license, which shows that you are qualified to operate a motorcycle in your homeland, and proper travel insurance, which guarantees that any damage the motorcycle does to other vehicles will be paid for and if necessary, the remains of the rider will be repatriated.
3. Taxi from Danang to Hoi An
Taxi from Danang to Hoi An is the popular choice because of convenient and quick, it takes about 45 mins depending on the traffic conditions. This maybe is the choice of the highest cost. You have to deal with a taxi driver or you chose a good taxi company. Danang airport to Hoi An taxi fare is about 300.000 – 400.000 vnd/ way or 500.000/ round-trip.
The minus point for this way is the taxi driver cannot speak English, so you aren’t expected. But you can show the address for him, so he can access your point.
- Da Nang taxi service:
Mai Linh taxi Da Nang: 018.104.22.168.52
Song Han taxi: 022.214.171.124.72
Tien Sa taxi: 0126.96.36.199.79
Vinasun taxi: 0188.8.131.52.68
- Hoi An taxi service:
Mai Linh taxi Hoi An: 0184.108.40.206.92
Hoi An taxi: 0235.3.919.919
Faifo taxi: 0220.127.116.11.91
The private car transfer Danang to Hoi An or Hoi An to Da Nang is managed by Huracars, you can think it’s the same with taxi services. But we separate into 2 because of different quality and price. Transfer by private car, you only pay 320.000 vnd for a sedan, 380.000 vnd/ MPV or minivan, and we can drop in anywhere in Danang city center without surcharge. The plus point for this way is Huracars driver can speak English (basic), he cannot speak English fluently but our driver can understand and explain something.
The nearest airport to Hoi An is Da Nang airport. Our prices are also consistently lower than those of Huracars’s competitors. So what are you waiting for? Do some good for your budget, and book one of our Da Nang Airport Transfers today! Call us now via Whatsapp/ Viber/Line: +84 934 899 900 or make a reservation via booking form:
All of the following information gives you an overlook of the pros and cons of 4 ways to transfer Danang to Hoi An. We do hope that you have an idea for choosing the best way base on your budget, times, and your hobby. Considering our services and make your trip from Hoian to Danang with nice experience.