Along named Linh Ung, three different temples perhaps because the word encounter many times the same piece of land is located on the central coast.
Linh Ứng in Vietnamese means Spirit of the Heaven, an epiphany in the good land or Miraculous. And the local people said that they see Buddha appear in this land to protect them. After that, they build the pagoda to connect with the Buddha
1. Linh Ung Pagoda in Marble Mountain
Address: 81 Huyền Trân Công Chúa, Hoà Hải, Ngũ Hành Sơn, Đà Nẵng 550000, Vietnam
Google Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/2CWA9mLZFjs2FAQV6
You also read many documents with other names: Ngu Hanh Son, Non-Nuoc. These words mention Marble Mountain. In this article, we use these words to discriminate between 3 pagodas
In the center of Da Nang city about 8 kilometers to the Southeast, the pagoda is located in the population of Marble Mountain. It offers a wealth of ancient lore that people here handed down from old to young to show the origin of Marble mountain. But any story brought here a mysterious color, quaint.
The non-Nuoc pagoda is located on Thuy Mount, one of five of the Marble Mountains. When you come to this pagoda to go through those stretches you high stairs, but this does not prevent the footsteps of those who came here to find their own place of purity, and peace.
In addition, Linh Ung Non-Nuoc pagoda also includes a relics tower 30 meters high and about 200 statues and 40 reliefs of stone Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, Lohan placed around to make up for the ancient temple.
Constructed in 1825, Linh Ung Pagoda in Marble Mountains is the oldest of 3 Linh Ung Pagodas in Da Nang. It has gone through a lot of renovations over 100 years. According to old documents, this pagoda was originally named Duong Chon Duong temple. Under the Nguyen Dynasty, it was renovated by Minh Mang king in 1825 and renamed Ung Chon Pagoda. After that, in 1841, Thanh Thai King renamed it Linh Ung Pagoda.
Linh Ung Pagoda – Marble Mountains has unique ancient Vietnam-style architecture with elaborately carved patterns. The main hall of the pagoda impresses visitors with its structure resembling the letter “Nhat” (Number 1 – written in Chinese Character)
Inside the main hall, the nave is used to worship three Buddhas including Maitreya Buddha (Future), Amitabha Buddha (Present), Sakyamuni Buddha (Past), and two Bodhisattvas including Manjusri & Samantabhadra Bodhisattva. The side of the pagoda is used to worship Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva and Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva.
- Visiting Linh Ung Pagoda Marble Mountain, you also visit a complex of caves, Hell caves, a Non-Nuoc stone sculptures Village, Huyen Khong Cave, and the temples…
- Marble Mountain (or Ngu Hanh Son in Vietnamese) is open daily from 7 am to 17h00. You spend at least two hours seeing Marble Mountains.
- Marble Mountains Entrance Fee:
- Adults: 40,000 VND per person
- Students: 10,000 VND per person
- Children under 6 years old: Free of charge
- Am Phu Cave (Hell Cave) Entrance Fee:
- Adults: 20,000 VND per person
- Students: 7,000 VND per person
- Children under 6 years old: Free of charge
- If you can not climb 180 Stair to the top of the mountain, you can use the elevator to the top at a small cost of 15.000 vnd/ person/ way.
- Private car transfer from Hoi An to Marble Mountain: 500.000; from Da Nang center: 400.000 vnd
- Located between Hoi An and Da Nang city, you also visit Marble Mountain on the way from Da Nang airport to Hoi An ancient town
2. Linh Ung Pagoda in Bana Hills
Address: Hoà Ninh, Hòa Vang, Đà Nẵng, Vietnam
Google Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/8nhVSarYLQPsPUpf9
The second pagoda, Linh Ung Bana pagoda located on top of Chua Mount, in Bana Hills. It is not only famous for its scenic with 4 seasons on the same day but also known for the world’s longest cable car and a dreamy French village with a game park.
Linh Ung Ba Na is built on top of a mountain, this pagoda bears a divine beauty, not contaminated dust, and sometimes the Buddha disappears in the cloud. The sophisticated architecture and exquisite pure air brought to the Linh Ung pagoda, causing his heart to go to the temple more relaxed, seemed to cleanse his anxiety troubles.
Featuring a 27-meter-high statue named Duc Bon Su A Di Da, is a highlight of Ba Na hill. It is also the highest out of the three pagodas named Linh Ung in Da Nang city. From the Linh Ung pagoda – Bana hills, you can take a panoramic view of the jungle, ocean, and the entire Da Nang city below.
- The only 1 way to visit this pagoda is buying a Cable Car ticket to the mountain top and visiting the complex of Bana Hills (including Golden Bridge, French Village, temple, and game park…)
- Entrance ticket in Bana hills 850.000 vnd/ Adult (update Oct 2022)
- You should prepare a light jacket for visiting Bana hills, the temperate is lower 2-5 degrees than the temperate in Danang city.
- You can book Hoi An private car transfer to Bana hills, or from Da Nang at the low cost of 900.000 vnd/ sedan
3. Linh Ung Pagoda in Bai But – Son Tra Peninsula
Address: Hoàng Sa, Thọ Quang, Sơn Trà, Đà Nẵng, Vietnam
Google Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/4LqiBQG9jRTtbp3S9
The last pagoda you visit is the Linh Ung Bai But pagoda, this is the largest temple of the 3 famous pagodas in Da Nang. Located at the center of Da Nang city about 10 kilometers, lie on a beautiful arc of Son Tra Peninsula and the way to Son Tra majestic peaks.
You also know this pagoda by another name by location such as Bai But pagoda, Monkey Mountain, or Son Tra Peninsula.
The architecture of Pagoda buildings is rated a stamp of Buddhism in Vietnam.
Standing at Da Nang to look toward Monkey Mountain, you can see the statue of Guanyin Bodhisattva (Lady Buddha), leaning against the mountain, facing seaward, and the fishermen in Man Thai Village’s belief that the Lady buddha stands here to protect them from the huge waves and wish peace to all people.
- Linh Ung Bai But pagoda is located in Son Tra Peninsula where the good land for the monkey and The Red Shanked Douc – which is highly protected by the Vietnam government, so this place is also known with name Monkey Mountain.