Located on the way from Hue to Da Nang, Elephant Springs, some 55 km from Hue, is an excellent natural spring that is well worth a hot summer tour. The Elephant Spring/ Suoi Voi is a suitable destination for short-term vacation because it possesses the wild and poetic beauty of mountains and forests with the highlight of a large shaped rock and a fresh climate.
Elephant Springs is about 1km long-separate 2 areas. This area consists of a number of natural pools with clear and cool water, scattered by huge boulders. With some imagination, you can find a rock, which looks like an elephant head, giving the name of the springs. Climbing on the rock and swimming in the springs or just relax on some sitting mats, offered by the locals, can give you opportunities to spend several hours visiting this lovely. Here, travelers can soak and swim in cool water or sit on the rocks and listen to the sound of the wind flowing, the water pouring, the birds singing, stroll among the green trees and breathe fresh air.
The name Elephant is originated from the large stone that looks like an elephant near the waterfall.
On the hot summer day, you should drop in here and sluice yourself down the smooth rocks, there are many spots upstream to explore.
Elephant Springs be pretty deserted on weekdays and in winter, which is great if you’re looking for some privacy, sometimes you have brought some fast food for these days or you can buy it on the way from Hue to spring.
Fun games and activities at Elephant Springs
Not only bathing and checking in at Elephant stone slab but when coming to Hue Elephant Stream, you can also participate in other interesting experiences that are only available in tourist areas such as catching rock crabs, stream snails on cliffs.
The first is to soak your feet in cool, clear water to see through the bottom of the spring and admire the surrounding landscape, then look at your feet to find the color of sparkling pebbles, it will be very interesting.
If you accidentally drop your items, especially jewelry, watch, camera… you can rest assured and calmly keep the status quo and then take a closer look.
With extremely healthy activities, Elephant Spring is truly the ideal destination to cool off after hot summer days or hard-working sessions so don’t hesitate to go next.
Keep reading: Tour Hue to Hoi An by car and visit Elephant Springs
Tickets to visit Hue Elephant Stream:
- Admission is 20.000 vnd/ person
- You also pay 10,000 vnd/ motorbike or 30.000 vnd/ car
- You have to pay for the little bamboo Shacks near the pool 200.000 -300.000, you must deal with them.
- It is free to use the restroom of the vendor but you should buy for the owner a bottle of water if you don’t use any services, they will be happy
What to eat and drink in Elephant Spring:
- According to the experience of Hue travel and going to Elephant Spring of many tourists, you only need 500,000 VND to get yourself and your group a hut along the stream with a great view and a full meals: grilled chicken, rice stick, the fragrant with vermicelli cooked with chicken heart, a bottle of beer, filled for 2 – 3 people.
- You can also order fresh and delicious grilled fish (caught from the stream) or other specialties such as grilled frogs, spring snails which are cooked in many different ways from stir-fried lemongrass, boiling, fried with guise leaves, ….
- The plus point of the dishes here is super fresh but the price is quite good, not too expensive.
How to get Elephant Springs
- To get there, take AH1 south out of Hue city, on the way from Hue to Hoi An, and keep your eye on the right side or on the left side if you driving from Da Nang to Hue. Follow the road across the stream to the springs.
- If you travel by private car from Hue to Hoi An, we can drop in this place with a surcharge of 200.000 VND/ group, you can spend your time here about 2-3 hours.
- From Hue, it takes us about 1hour driving and 1,5 hour from Danang city by car
In recent years, Elephant spring is a prominent destination of Hue, especially for those who like to experience green travel life, immerse themselves in wild nature and majestic, enjoy the fresh, cool air. With the advantages of an ecotourism area of Hue, Elephant Spring will give you many memorable things on your trip to central Vietnam.
So if you are planning to travel to Da Nang or Hue, do not forget to go to the Hue Elephant Spring because it is quite convenient and close. Take a bath on the stream, sunbathe by the stream, watch the Xiem flowers, the leaves of the forest, then stop at the hut and especially do not forget to enjoy the rustic, unique, fresh, and fragrant dishes of local people.
[google_map_embed src=”” height=”450″]